I saw a friend from college over the weekend who confessed she was stalking the blog because she is pregnant and wanted some info/tips/sarcasm so let me just post a few of my favorite baby things to recap items I would register for if I was going to do it again.
1. Baby Trend infant carrier - Why? - the triangle handle is great! No complaints and not any other carriers I have seen have that unique feature
2. Britax convertible carseat - Industry's best carseat hands down. Yes they are the most expensive but you are talking about your kid here - pretty sure they deserve the best protection. The Web site is great for info on installation and stuff.
3. My Breastfriend - The Boppy pillows are way too soft and do not support baby enough during a feeding. Worth the extra $10 for sure
4. BecoBaby carrier - If you plan on baby wearing get one of these or a similar model. I found other cheaper carriers do not provide good back support when baby gets heavier
5. American Red Cross nose squeezer - Just like this one and with two sick babies now I realized why it is important to have a good one.
6. Vick's Thermometer - IDK what the deal is with where you are supposed to take temps now but I still do it the old fashion way. The Vicks is much faster than the Safety First and the ear model is a piece of junk. You want something quick and easy to read and this is your thermometer.
Let me know if you want any other recommendations on different baby items or if you have found something that works well post it up!