1. Education in Finland - Apparently Finland has awesome schools, lots of people aspire to be teachers and kids are in school for 4.5 hours a day. I'm powering through the book mentioned in the first sentence in the article so I might actually complete 2 books in a month and reading wasn't even on my list of New Year's Resolutions!
2. Need Another Reason to Strongly Dislike Common Core? - Of course you do! Why push a five yr old to read if they are not ready? I don't recall reading in kindergarten and I think I turned out okay. Yes kids must learn how to read (maybe by age 7) but cut the kindergarteners a break and let them play more!
3. Everyone who is pregnant should read this. Since it seems that Facebook is going to EXPLODE with babies from May-August. I can relate to this so much because having babies and the thought of more can be really daunting.
4. Realizing that birth control is really awful; there's an alternative. I've always been wondering if all the women who spend gobs of money for organic, hormone free foods use birth control. That seems like it would be an oxymoron because then they would be paying to put hormones in their bodies - the same things they are trying to keep out of their food. Apparently there is a somewhat growing trend of women who are rejecting birth control in favor of charting (i.e. NFP). The article is pretty biased against the idea of charting but maybe the tides are changing?
5. Coming back to life after 12 years. Yep it is that insane.
Got a minute to spare? Go vote in the Sheenazing Awards : )