8. I love running. Nope. Not true. In fact I really don't like running I just force myself to lace up the old shoes and go
7. I have $100 to drop on new running shoes every 6 month. Wrong again. I get a new pair of running shoes maybe once every two years and I usually ask for them for my birthday because I think shoes are so overly priced it is ridiculous. Though Colleen said she got a good deal here, so maybe I'll have to check them out sometime.
6. Running help me lose that last bit of baby weight. No. And this came as a surprise to me when I ran my first half marathon after E was born. I figured I would be training for this half marathon and the last 10 pregnancy lbs would be gone in a heartbeat. Let's just say I've already run a half after having M and I still have about 8 lbs to go.
5. Running two half marathons will definitely kick all the post pregnancy weight. Yeah. I wouldn't count on it. Now maybe if I were running 8 minute miles and running more than once or twice a week - maybe, but that's not how I roll. I did sign up for another half marathon so I'm back on the running train.
4. I love having a pile of smelly running clothes to add to my wash run. Running clothes smell awful. The farther the run the high on the stink scale they go. Am I right or am I right? Whiffes of what my soccer clothes used to smell like brings back memories
3. Makes walking up the stairs at work really interesting. I usually run on Sundays. Because I only run once a week it means my muscles pretty much hate me for a few days after the run. Going up stairs is true pay back for not running more often.
2. Gives me an excuse to give Lee a hand at solo parenting. Okay usually I go during rest time so if anyone is most likely to be up it is E and then M. This was a bit nerve racking when I was training for the half marathon in April because M was 3-4 months old and really not keen on taking a bottle so I would have my fingers crossed half the time that she would stay asleep and I would not get a text from Lee saying "Chicky she's been screaming since you left." Fortunately that did not happen but it did happen on a walk Nani and I took the other night - good thing I didn't have my phone : ) .
1. I love singing to my neighbors. I admit it. I'm one of those crazies who sings while I run. It is usually quite intermittent but I love to sing when I run. Hopefully I don't sing loud enough for my neighbors to hear it but if I do then so be it. I used to sing in the shower growing up but somewhere along the line I stopped and moved the lyrics to the great outdoors.
|First run in 10 weeks...|