When I was growing up I swore off living in Raleigh, swore off living in NC, and was pretty sure I wanted to live anywhere but the U.S.A. Well apparently someone had other plans. Somehow I ended up a short drive away from Raleigh-world right smack dap in the middle of I-95 in North Carolina. Getting married was not in my plans either BUT the reason for not moving out of this country is my hubby works in the family business so moving is pretty much not an option.
|An oldie - but a goodie : )|
This took some serious soulsearching and coming to peace with coming from Raleigh and then Chapel Hill. The Mount is well, different. I fought it at first. Tried to devise ways to get back to Raleigh. But having lived here for 5 years now (cannot believe its actually been that long!), The Mount is starting to grow on me. Well technically we don't live within the City Limits (thank goodness because Rocky Mount Power is INSANELY expensive) so Nash County it is.
Reasons why I have (come) to love Nash County:
1. There are NO traffic lights - compared to Raleigh - seriously I cannot stand traffic lights
2. There is no traffic. We drive to Raleigh or somewhere and sit in traffic and I just am wishing myself back to the Mount
3. Home prices are reasonable and lots are massive. Last year we scored and awesome deal on a FANTASTIC house.
4. I have two insanely flexible/awesome employers who let me do my .5 working mama/.5 stay at mama thing. Pretty sure if I was in Raleigh or some larger city that would not happen.
5. I have found a daycare/MMO/preschool program that A. lets me work and B. I feel really comfortable with
6. We have found a few really great friends who I hope the girls can grow up with for years and years and years
7. We have found an awesome restaurant to go on date nights - The Mount is highly limited in local food - so if you are ever in Tarboro - go to On The Square!
8. I have found a great hospital - Wilson Medical Center. Love having babies there - which is a good thing because we'll be headed there some time this October!